Have you ever read Oprah mag? I don't subscribe, but I have read it here and there. I always read the "What I know for Sure" article first, because I really want to know what Oprah knows for sure.
It is usually insightful.
So, here is what I know for sure.
- I haven't done a "serious" or "insightful" blog post for over a month. There is a reason.
- Heavenly Father has a "plan" for your life. (Not just the salvation one, although, that one is most important of course)
- You might think you know what the plan is.
- You might not have ANY idea what that plan is.
- There are times when you are in the "wilderness".
- My husband says I should be glad because being in the "wilderness" for 3 years, is better than 40.
- I am sure that I am not so sure I agree with that statement.
- Being in the wilderness, is BEING IN THE WILDERNESS.
- Most things happen for a reason. (I not sure about the statement "Everything happens for a reason" yet.)
- I have some true, true, true friends.
- I have known most of them for several years. And I know they will always be there for me, no matter how far away they are.
- I am grateful I know what having a true friend means.
- My true friends have been there for me while I am in the wilderness.
- Being in the wilderness is hard. I'm not going to call it a blessing. . .yet.
- You learn LOTS of lessons in the wilderness.
- Is is not always fun to learn lessons.
- These lessons will alter almost every aspect of your life.
- And they will teach you what and who you want to be.
- You usually already think you KNOW who and what you want to be, but then you REALLY know who and what you want to be.
- And definitely what you DON'T want to be.
- I don't think you have to be a "true friend" to help someone.
- As sisters in Zion, we should be there for each other.
- Heavenly Father answers prayer.
- Heavenly Father does NOT answer prayer on YOUR timetable.
- I like having my own timetable.
- Heavenly Father does NOT answer ALL prayers.
- And sometimes, he doesn't answer important to you prayers.
- And sometimes he does. Even when you didn't actually pray it.
- Life is complicated sometimes.
- I hope I can figure it out at some point.
- My favorite quote right now is from Caddyshack. I haven't seen the movie, but, my husband and I have decided that there is an appropriate quote from the movie. And it is, spoken by Carl. . . the caddy regarding his round of golf with the Dalai Lama. He said that the Dalai Lama didn't give him any money for playing the round, but that he did bless him with total consciousness on his deathbed.. . . and the quote is.
- "So, I got that goin' for me. Which is nice".
Try it after any statement. It just works.
That is what I know for sure.