Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving and more.

We had a quiet Thanksgiving this year. Although having your own business is very rewarding, and hopefully will create a fantastic autonomy for our family some day, right now, it is completely overwhelming and draining, not to mention a complete time suck. My husband has taken ONE day off in three weeks, and guess what, it was on Thanksgiving!
I wanted to make sure my kids were able to enjoy "the thanksgiving experience" eventhough we had no house guests, and didn't travel anywhere.
They seemed to enjoy the pomp and ceremony of it all, and didn't seem to mind that they were on their own all day. However, I missed the extra family, and the entertainment that friends or cousins bring. What can I say, I am a people person, and I got my degree in throwing a party, so, it was a smidge to quiet for me.
I love this happy face.
The bird was a masterpiece, and I LOVED pretending there were going to be tons of happy eaters. But yet, there were just 6.
This is what my kitchen looked like after the dinner was made. I AM sure it was worth it in eating the dinner. I am NOT sure it was worth it in the clean up. That is admittedly the best part of having Thanksgiving guests, they usually clean up the aftermath.
I have posted on this blog the complete gratitude that I have felt for the blessings we have been given. We have been given so many.

A beautiful house to live in,
a great business, that we love and are so excited about,
our beautiful kids, who, are healthy and happy,
two sets grandparents who are happy and healthy as well,
a wonderful new state to live in,
a wonderful new ward,
a wonderful husband who has put in about 8 and 1/2 weeks of work into three weeks (yes, I am talking about 16 hour days)

Our blessings are simple, but astounding, and although I don't wish the trials we went through on anyone, I am grateful for them for teaching us to appreciate the simple blessings, of employment, a home to call our own, direction in our future, and true happiness in all of it.

We are blessed.

3 comments:

Kimberley said...

You are always an inspiration, cousin! And, guess what: I got MY degree in throwing awesome parties, too! We need to do some serious party throwing one of these days.

jessica said...

I wish I would've had a quiet, simple Thanksgiving. My family is a little too dysfunctional to enjoy such holidays :) Aric made me promise him that NO MATTER WHAT we would be alone next year...

You are blessed. And so deserving...

Lindsay said...

Looks yummy! Your turkey was gorgeous and made my mouth water just seeing a picture of it! I'm so glad things are all falling into place for your family. I cannot believe how old Abby looks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails