Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I have a minute.

I know, I haven't blogged about Jamaica.

There is a perfectly good reason for that.

I don't have hardly any pictures.
Okay, I have a "few" pictures.

But if you are a facebook friend of mine, you have already seen them.

 Here is a beach butler. He would get a pina colada into Peter's hand before he could even ask for one. As Peter said, "It is hard to not get attached to someone who is constantly bringing you cold drinks without being asked."

Truer words have never been spoken by my husband.

Was Jamaica great? That is an understatement. However, I don't know if it was a much the island, as it was the butler service. Because who doesn't want to be waited on all day.

I thought it might be awkward, but honestly, it was fabulous.
 It was partly cloudy and even rained one day, but I didn't care, because I was so incredibly relaxed, it's hard to care about anything in that environment. And everything in Jamaica is positive. "No problem, mon." "Liquid sunshine, mon." "Everything's alright, mon." Honestly, I think we all need to adopt a bit of that mantra. NO PROBLEM, MON.

It just makes everyone happier.
And here is my Island hair. I have to admit, having a crazy mane was kinda fun for a few days, until it started to turn into dread locks and be completely unmanageable. Then, it was a problem, mon.

Honestly, it was the trip of a lifetime. It is amazing to sit with your sisters and talk uninterrupted by things like requests for sippy cups, or kids drowning in the ocean.

I highly recommend it for anyone who is mildly considering it.

Unfortunately, now I have rather high expectations for "vacationing" and I fear that no plans in the future will ever quite stack up. However, it was a fantastic time... and for 50 years of marriage, my parents deserve that kind of trip!

2 comments:

Danika said...

Well, our vacations haven't been quite as glamorous as sitting on a beach being waited on, but we LOVE going on vacations (vacation = alone without kids; trip = with kids). It's so relaxing! And I know EXACTLY what you mean about not being interrupted every 2 seconds by a kid needing something. It's actually quite strange when my sister & I do something without the kids - we forget how to have a real conversation! :)

jessica said...

Wow! I want a butler...I NEED a butler!!! Sounds amazing. JEALOUUUUUS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails