Sunday, November 25, 2007

Tis the Season to eat FOOD...

Myspace Backgrounds - Christmas Lights
Falalalala..la..la..lala..

Well, as part of the Stewart tradition... we stuffed our faces for Thanksgiving. It was a wonderful affair, and we didn't even lift a carving knife! That is right! The Stewart's took the day off in the kitchen by going to the GRAND AMERICA Buffet in SLC. It was great, but I have to admit.. I missed fresh dinner rolls as part of our fabulous dinner tradition. But... NEVER FEAR, we still made dinner rolls anyway.

This picture seemed appropriate after the last statement.



As to the dinner roll dilemma. After 30 years of making "Rita" rolls at all Family affairs, there was actually a NEW roll recipe introduced this holiday. I was mortified that a tradition of 30 (or more) years could be cast aside so carelessly. But, I have to admit, the new recipe was pretty phenomenal. I will post both, and I will still probably use both, because I have been using the "Rita" roll recipe to make home made scones on Sunday nights as part of another family tradition for the last 7 years, so, I can't change that!!! The Rita roll recipe seems to make these scones OHHHHHHHHHHH SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD... however, I am sure that any old roll recipe would probably be ok.

JUDITH ROLLS were amazing, and I will probably be making these rolls for years to come because this recipe was light, and fluffy, and amazing..so, thanks for sharing Judith!

I am also attaching a link to Paula Deen's Gooey Pumpkin Bars....which we also tested this holiday season.... yummy...

What else did we make? Well, if you know me, or my family, we will use any excuse for CAKE. My little sister Hillary has become quite the baker and I am sure if we had a bake off, it would be a very difficult and close competition. She does have amazing recipes though, and the one she used this time was from Magnolia Bakery (Magnolia Bakery Cook Book) in NYC. The cake was incredible, and I had fond thoughts of it all the way home in the car. Thanks for making that cake Hilby. Check out the posts below. Happy Holidays!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails