Monday, June 9, 2008

IT IS FINISHED (mostly)

Well, the house is packed... See? (This is where I would post a nice picture of my cute house completely empty, but clean-- IF I could find the camera.)

It happened today. The movers came in at 8:00 a.m. and left at 6:30. (Big job I guess) It was all packed up and ready to go... (mostly) except for the stuff under my bed... which I completely forgot was there which consisted of a scrabble game (I have to hide it from the husband, or he will want to play and CREAM me...and I hate that) a breakfast tray (OH! That is why I haven't had breakfast in bed!) and a few contraband toys that I was hiding from Jaxon. (I guess I couldn't think of a better place to hide them)

Better than that of course was the remnants of sneakings past that surfaced as soon as furniture started to move. I think we unearth 6 ... yes, I counted right, 6 apple cores...(why throw them in the garbage when you can throw them under the couch, behind the armoire, or behind the bookcase?) A candy bar wrapper, a few empty sandwich bags (I have NO IDEA what was in those!) And an empty chips bag.. I guess I will have to be a little more vigilant in searching for "treasure".

So, after a weekend of packing/partying/packing/packing/packing and cleaning.. I am off on to a 12 hour drive to Utah. Just what I wanted after such a weekend. Feel sorry for me yet? If I wasn't so tired, I would feel sorry for me too....:)

22 comments:

D-dawg said...

Yeah I feel sorry for you. But you have awesome friends. Good luck with the move!

Tiffany said...

You HAVE been busy! Utah huh? Come see us. Amy will be here on Saturday. You could have ANOTHER party...with NO clean up!! Have a safe drive and hurry and get back to your blogging...I love it! PS, I left a comment on Natalie Kidd's blog...hope she doesn't think I'm a crazy blog stalker! :)

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

I thought I was tired- but the thought of moving right now (and ALONE)- no way!
Good luck on that 12 hour drive. Yikes.
See you on the other side!

Ilene said...

Good luck! Send picture of your new digs.

On the bright side, you have also found some "new" hiding places to check after Jaxon's stealing episodes.

Anne said...

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who finds things like apple cores around the house! So how long are you going to be in Utah before heading off for AZ? that might just be the enticement I need to go out next week...not until Thursday though. Just a thought. Good luck!

Thea said...

Hilarious that you uncovered evidence of a long history of sneaking. Mystery abounds in your household. Have a safe journey!

Jeanelle said...

I hope the drive went safely & smoothly. Hurry back (online) so we can talk about the Bachelorette and how freakin creepy that Robert/chef guy was. ICK!

jessica said...

I am totally feeling sorry for you! I wish I could have said good bye in person. But then again, it doesn't really feel like good bye because we've got the blog...

Have a safe journey and I can't wait to hear about your new adventures!

Not quite the Bradys said...

I'm glad we're not the only family with kids that throw apple cores in random hiding places.

When you get here you really MUST meet me at Flour Girls and Dough Boys. They have cupcakes and I know how you feel about cupcakes. I'll email you my phone number. Hey is that Sandland up there?

Jill said...

Good luck! Have fun! Enjoy the adventure!

Melissa-Mc said...

Good luck. It can all be very emotional, but exciting too.

♥Shally said...

I feel your moving pain.

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for you. But read my pathetic post tonight and you will feel sorry for me too:). I still feel more sorry for you than i do for me. While in Utah...I found the best bakery. With cupcakes. And i thought of you.
Let me know when you arrive in Phx. We'll do dinner:).

And Tiffany...THANK YOU for leaving a comment on my blog! Crazy blog stalker? How do you think I found Lindsey:)! It was fun to get a stranger comment. Those are few and far between...keep commenting. I am off to blog stalk you.

Kara said...

Hope the drive went well! Sorry I never made it over Monday night to say goodbye (and help clean). We miss you! Can't wait to hear about AZ!

Kara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bridget said...

Good luck! Come back soon, get settled and start posting more.

Jessica said...

Can't wait to hear your move-in updates. We miss you here already! (And just when the weather was getting nice, too!)

Jake said...

Oh I don't want to be in your shoes. At all.

It'll all be worth it though, right? Hang in there!

Laurie said...

Lindsey
It's Laurie in AZ! I'm so excited that you are on your way here! It's hot and you are gonna love that pool! We might be over more than you think! Make sure you call when you get here, we'll help in any way we can!

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Celia Fae said...

I know this isn't the point, but at least your kids eat apples. I just find candy wrappers.

Good luck with the new abode!

Lindsay said...

Hey just think of it this way...you have a completely new house with new hiding places for apple cores!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails