Monday, April 11, 2011

A beautiful thing. . .

One thing I DON'T like about Facebook, is that it makes me a lazy blogger, and I miss out on great opportunities to blog, because in a moment, I can post a quick quote on facebook. But there, it doesn't last, and so, because I didn't want to forget that moment, I will post it here.


Jaxon: "Mom, do you sometimes cry when you see beautiful things?"

Life with Jaxon is challenging. A lot. I honestly don't think you can compare Autism to anything else. You can't even compare Autistic kids, because they are all so different. One thing I DO love is that somehow, with Jaxon, he has quite a bit of sensitivity to the spirit, and he is not afraid to share it. I am grateful for that blessing, because sometimes he is trapped in a mind that he can't control perfectly, but the gift of the spirit, and the gift of feeling the spirit is not tied to our ability to think, it is tied to our ability to FEEL. And Jaxon can do that, just. fine. He proved it to me when we passed the San Diego Temple on our latest trip.


2 comments:

Tammy said...

That's really beautiful! What an adorable boy.

Ashley C said...

Wow, that is so sweet. What a cute kid.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails