Thursday, November 17, 2011

Just my luck

I went on a great trip to San Francisco this weekend. It was to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday. I don't know what YOU think 70 looks like, but it looks way better than I thought it would!

My in-laws came to take care of my kids so that I could go. I love them so much. It was invaluable time that I got to spend with my sister-friends. Kinda like sister-wives, but not. Time that we get to spend together like this is irreplaceable. I am grateful to call them "friends" as well as sisters. I love them.

Since we don't all live in the same state, traveling together is pretty much the only chance we get to see each other on a personal level, and it is SO much more personal when you aren't juggling kids at the same time. I highly recommend it.



We spent almost all of our time SHOPPING. And EATING. Because that is what Stewart women do.


And hanging out with this guy, and Brigitte. (That is my sis, Hillary with her new bangs. Which has given her an alternative name of Brigitte or Gretchen... take your pick.)


We spent a LOT of time in shoe departments. And those of us who HAVE cash, dropped a load of it.


We walked past this square probably 30 times in three days.
It was just getting the finishing touches of Holiday flare.

Some people leave their heart there... We just left lots of great memories.

And lots of great restaurants.



I would say San Francisco is pretty much the perfect destination for such an event, and it was great to be there with my sister friends... and mom. HAPPY 70th BIRTHDAY MOM! WE LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Kimberley said...

Love it! Aunt Kay looks no more than 39, honest!!! And yes, Stewart women EAT and SHOP and BAKE!

jessica said...

This looks like it was so much fun!!! I'm so glad you got to get away...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails