Friday, July 18, 2008

The Joys of Scrapbooking

Marta has been the inspiration for a COUPLE of posts lately... but when I read this one, I had to pop on over to my blog and share with the world one of my FAVORITE things..

MY PUBLISHER...

My Publisher+Years of pictures stuck on my hard drive=Guilt Free, Quick and Easy "Scrapbooking" with no painstaking decisions over what paper to use.

I got married..I bought a scrapbook to scrapbook our wedding.. I put 10 pictures in it.. it has sat in my closet ever since. :) Several years ago I came across MY PUBLISHER. I am not sure where I heard about it, but I decided to make a baby book for my oldest daughter Abby. I dropped and clicked pictures to my hearts content and made her a hard bound baby book. It wasn't until a few years later that I determined this was going to be the ONLY way to get the 1,000s of pictures I had taken over the last 8 years off my hard drive and on to my coffee table. Not to mention My Publisher Books come with a sleek hard bound cover with a picture window (if you want) and they keep your books FOREVER in case a page gets torn (I buy the 11X13 size for my year books-- and the 8 x 10s for gifts) or in case you lose them in a fire etc. Perfect. You just click the button and re-print. They are PERFECT GIFTS if you keep 'em small, and you can make a book and wait until they run a promotion for 40% or 50% off and then print them ALL! (That is what I do)

My whole family is in on it now, and my mom printed a book of things she *LOVES* featuring all of her grandchildren along with other favorite things and sent it to all of her grandchildren. Perfect. So, enjoy my favorite way to get out of scrapbooking...FOREVER! :)

To see my books go to Mypublisher.com Click on My Bookshelf and enter an order number:

For My MIL's Birthday Gift of the Summer Vacation:
Your book ID # is: R506094
Your password is: 1005643

For Our Second Year of Marriage:
Your book ID # is: M509426
Your password is: 1008689

For My Gift to My MOM for her Birthday:
Your Book ID # is: M273734
Your password is: 753098

My Favorite Year in Pictures (2004:
Your Book ID # is: M239286
Your password is: 716004
(We went to Hawaii and I had a digital camera for the first time!) PS- with my earlier books I scanned pictures and put negatives to disk. The image quality isn't as good with scanning, but it worked well for what I wanted!

Enjoy! Oh, and hey, if you decide to become a MY PUBLISHER FAN... tell them I sent ya..

Lindzstew at hotmail dot com

9 comments:

Bridget said...

Very, very nice. I am very, very jealous. I am drowning in photos with no place to put them.

Tammy said...

I'm with you. My mission photos are still languishing, but I was determined for that not to happen to my wedding photos. I used My Publisher for my wedding book and it looks great. I also plan on making a book out of my blog, which is really at least 1/2 of the reason I make the time to post anything on it.

Ilene said...

Ah, I have had a blurb.com account for 18 months so I can get my scrapbooks and blog books published...

So far nothing has happened. Can I just send the photos to you?

thanks, you're a doll.

Melissa-Mc said...

Very cute! I've been doing digital scrapbooking for about a year, but I still haven't printed anything out. This may be a great way for me to do so. Thanks.

JBelle said...

I am SO all over this! ALL over it! (eyes flashing madly)

calibosmom said...

This is the way I roll too. I HATE crapbooking! MyPublisher is my new best friend!

Anonymous said...

I love mypublisher! I made Crue a baby book with it and it turned out beautifully. I love the quality. Now if i could just be driven enough to do what you have done with it...maybe someday.

Heidi said...

Yeah, love it! Thanks for the reminder. I need to take a break from my blogging and work on my books. I am way behind.

jessica said...

I have been a fan of my publisher for a while now thanks to my other Lindsey friend (stevens). Apparently I have you to thank because you introduced her!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails