Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Butterscotch Sauce Part Deux

A while ago I posted a link for a recipe for Butterscotch Sauce (Banana Splits)on my recipe links. If it is over there, I have tried it, and liked it! Anyway, I Tivo Everyday Food on PBS which is on Saturday morning at 7:30 a.m. here in Spokane. One of the episodes had ANOTHER recipe for Butterscotch Sauce. However, this recipe called for sweetened condensed milk instead of cream which I liked, because I don't usually have cream on hand. Sweetened condensed milk is rare too, but it is more likely since I love to bake.

I checked the Everyday Food website, and the recipe wasn't there!! Thankfully I hadn't gotten around to erasing the episode from my tivo, so here it is!!! I am updating this post to add pictures. . .PIONEER WOMAN STYLE!


3/4 Cup Brown Sugar in a Sauce Pan. This recipe is so stinkin' easy you can do it right now!

Add 3 Tablespoons of water and 1/3 cup corn syrup. Stir it up and let it come to a boil. The longer you boil, the harder the sauce when you poor it on ice cream. If you want it more candy like, boil 5 mins, if not, boil 1 min. . If you can't decided, boil sometime in-between.


Add 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk. Lick the lid, you know you want to.

Here is the boilin' part...


And 5 tablespoons of butter. Remove from heat and stir in your new additions. It will start to look CREAMY. . . Oh yum.

Poor it over ice cream, add some bananas for that "bananas foster" feel, or just dip some apples in it. You will THANK ME! (You're welcome)

A couple of years ago, I bought glass jars and delivered this as a Christmas gift to friends and neighbors. I started a little obsession with a few friends who, I am sure, are still making it today! YUM-O!



3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (packed)
3 Tbls. water
1/3 Cup Corn Syrup

Dissolve sugar completely and let come to a boil.

Add

5 Tbls. Butter and stir until melted, then remove from heat.
Add
1/4 Cup. Sweetened Condensed Milk.

Store in a jar, or plastic container for easy re-heat!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails