Monday, January 12, 2009

When OCD Meets NESTING


Don't you know it! I told you about when OCD meets the Home-handyman but I already knew what would happen when OCD and Nesting collide. Since this is my fourth pregnancy, I knew it would come. I have been PLEASANTLY surprised that it had not yet hit in full force. When I was pregnant with Wade I would stay up until 1:00 or 2:00 a.m. sewing curtains for the living room, kitchen and nursery, sanding and painting chairs and a whole MYRIAD of TO DO things left on my list... Oh, I was spry I tell ya.. But you gotta remember, I didn't have a 21 month old at the time and I was not 35 years old.... (apparently my Dr.s are on to something, cuz I don't have NEARLY what I had!) and I felt invincible. Not so much this time around... You will RARELY find me out of my bed (with DVR remote in hand and lap top on lap) past 7:00 p.m. Yep, times have changed.

Oh, ya, I have washed some burp clothes, bought some newborn diapers, and the crib still has Wade in it, so, it is up.. Not such a hard job. I thought I might escape it all together until this morning hit. Last night I was up most of the night with good 'ol braxton hicks contractions.. Not enough to make me time them, but enough to keep me awake for much of the night. Of course, that put me in a NOT ENOUGH SLEEP LAST NIGHT dither and as soon as my in-laws flew the coop at 8:00 a.m. this morning, I was off like a shot! (Oh, didn't I tell you we had company last week? Sorry for the lack of posting)

Thankfully, my MIL tried to lighten my load by washing her sheets and towels but OH NO. That would be FAR TOO SIMPLE my friends. FAR TOO SIMPLE. What about the AIR VENTS? YES, THE ONES IN THE 12 foot ceiling.. Don't THOSE need to be REPLACED? [Stupid question, of course they do] oh, but, don't you need to wash the COVER to the VENTS??? Because look at that thick layer of DUST on them.. .You can't just CHANGE THE FILTER and not CLEAN THE COVER... can you? What about your dusty blinds? You did the ones in your family room before Christmas.. but what about the ones in your bedroom? OR IN YOUR BATHROOM, or ALL OVER THE HOUSE???????? What about bathrooms, bath mats, towels, showers and tubs?

What about last minute CRAFTING? How 'bout a cute letter for K's room? a new DUST RUFFLE for the crib? How bout sewing an Easter Dress for Abby with some of that CUTE AMY BUTLER FABRIC??? Oh ya. That too.

I guess there is just NO STOPPING ME NOW! (got anything you want to ADD TO MY LIST?)

*Dont' worry, I am so exhausted now that I will be heading to my bed in about 15 minutes to watch... if you don't know the answer to THAT one, you shouldn't be reading my blog. :)

7 comments:

Anne said...

For me it was always repainting bedrooms days before delivery. Sometimes the morning of! Good luck! And enjoy the Bachelor!

Ilene said...

This is like a flashback to my blog in August. It's good to know that I am not alone in my OCD nesting tendencies. These days I wish I could get some of that cleaning energy back...

Anonymous said...

OH nesting. It's such a love hate thing isn't it? Sorry for calling you in the middle of your dither:). Next time just say "Natalie, I'm nesting. Goodbye." I wouldn't have been offended.

wenderful said...

I wish I had the nesting instinct. I've got a LONG list of to-do's that may never make it to the DONE list. Enjoy and I hope you get a lot done.

jessica said...

Hang in there sister...you are not alone. Even though I didn't carry my baby that nesting is a real monster. Problem is I am still nesting but now I am so exhausted that I can't quite get my act together to finish a project!

Laurie said...

umm..I've got some cleaning you could do. Is there an opposite to OCD nesting cause I think that's what I have! I think it's called lazy arse syndrome! ha ha ha

Melissa-Mc said...

You go girl! My husband loves to tell the story of me nesting with my 1st baby when he saw me dusting and cleaning out the heater vents in our dinky apartment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails