Tuesday, May 5, 2009

MONEY SAVING MADNESS

Thanks for your tips yesterday ladies! I am still looking for more, so, if you still want to post your ideas, I would love 'em because for me, every Monday is the same. For the record, Tuesday is the same too (late night) and we will be heading to Costco for dinner.

You wanna know what we ended up having last night? French Bread Pizza that had been ordered through Abby's last school fundraiser. Thanks for dinner Grandpa! (Sucker- He lives in Washington! How is he supposed to EAT food he orders in AZ? Um, we'll eat it, never fear!)

I must have major issues with cooking dinner, but, if you have been around me at all, you probably know that. I go WAY over board in efforts to cook something FAB. I don't know why. Maybe it is because I like to cook (for the most part), or because I remember my mom always putting a great, healthy, well-balanced meal on the table. Sure she did breakfast for dinner every now and again, but COLD CEREAL? NEVER! (Hence my reservation to do so)

Ok, but now to the post I wanted to do. . . been bitten by the MONEY SAVING BUG yet? Well, as you know, I have and surprisingly, it is getting easier and easier to score a deal! I know some of you have caught on to this blog because she has GREAT deals, but, if you look a little further into this one, you will find EVEN MORE blogs that find you great deals! [Enter Brad's Deals] I have a sneaking suspicion that this is where our Hip to Save Genius is getting most of her deals from, INCLUDING her Amazon deals, because the Coupon Mom has a link to those too. In my opinion, it is TOTALLY worth logging on and signing up for this website. If you are worried about Spam, just open a new e-mail account specifically for couponing, and you are good to go! I now have an account with Gmail that is my same address and I use it for signing up for deals.

Now for a NEW secret weapon. . . . THE GROCERY GAME! This little website will list all of your grocery deals WITH Coupons and you just print your list and GO! WOW. Ok, they charge a fee. . . and I just started, but I will let you know if I think it is worth it.

To be honest, I am getting so good at remembering what coupons I have, I can spot the deal before the websites show it to me. EXCEPT for the Sunday paper inserts. I could never remember all those! Just a little FYI, where I live (if you live here too) you get a paper every day, (that you don't even pay or ask for) and it has all of the SUNDAY COUPON INSERTS! FOR FREE! Now, I have noticed, that if I don't pick up my paper Sunday morning right away, someone comes along and takes it. . . I am guessing they are trying to build up their coupon stash. But the good news is, it is delivered to all of the EMPTY houses in my hood too! I don't feel so bad taking a free paper from a vacant house . . . eventhough I have yet to do it, I just might start! These website are INVALUABLE in keeping track of all of those coupons. But, I am making VERY good on those printable coupons and got two bags of Fresh Select Salad today for FREE. Come on FREE!!!!! Plus a $1.50 off of Kashi that was on sale that my hubby loves and is normally $$.

Give it a try, JUST ONCE! It is so easy, and you will LOVE IT!

10 comments:

Jill said...

You know I'm bitten by the saving money bug!! I got some FABBBBULOUS deals today. Spent $0 at Walgreens. That is what my receipt came to, it was awesome...Magic Erasers, mouthwash...and then on to Target for even more deals. It's so addicting!!

Jill said...

the coupons were in this past Sunday's paper

abbyandcompany said...

Okay, so don't gross out but Daniel is out of town (again) and Ella is still sick, so I printed off some coupons for a two piece grilled chicken dinner with two sides from KFC and I took the kids and it was FREE! Go to unthinkkfc.com and print yours. You can print 4 coupons, i believe. Good luck.

and i would have suggested cold cereal...glad i didn't! Sheesh!

lionel1 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leah said...

I SO cannot relate to you about putting something fabulous on the table every night. Just enjoy the fact that you have a gift and your hubbie is a lucky guy!

Anonymous said...

i'm almost tempted to start bargaining. keep these posts up and i just might start. my husband (and our bank account) will love you...

Nurse Graham said...

Thanks for all of the tips on coupon-ing. It's been fun to follow your links.

Quick and easy dinners? I've found that if you call it something almost exotic everyone gets excited, even when it's super simple. Example "Rice in a bowl" exactly what it says it is: rice, milk, butter, cinnamon and sugar. But the first time I told my husband we were having "rice in a bowl" for dinner he was very excited (we had been married for about 3 months). He was only somewhat disappointed when he found out what that it really was just rice.in.a.bowl.

Bridget said...

I'm lucky to get one fabulous meal on the table a week. I'm curious about this grocery game thing. LEt us know how that is.

jessica said...

I am one who appreciates all of your madness...I always check out your links and have benefited from this new passion of yours. I with ya sista!

Jake said...

I wish I was passionate about saving money. So does my husband. Does reading your blog count?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails