Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Shopping in a DAY!

I used to think those hard core Black Friday shoppers were completely BONKERS! I mean, 5 am? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I have a date with my BED at 5:00 a.m. and have REPEATEDLY stated that NO CHILD should get out of bed before 7:00 a.m. I am a firm believer in that.

I started perusing the ads on Thursday afternoon and realized there might be a few great deals out there to be had. That getting up early MIGHT NOT be such a bad idea. Tis the year to save some dough, you know? Better yet, since I have a night owl husband, I might as well take advantage of the fact that SOME of the sales start at midnight. There were only a few items that were on a GREAT discount, but I figured, why not just send him with a list and let him go at it with the other millions of crazy people in the world. (And we all heard how crazy they were, right?) My husband said there were at least 250 people at the doors at Toys R Us and he was able to get around to what we were looking for, but did not take any ADDITIONAL time in looking for those "mystery deals" as the madness was just too much. He arrived home at 1:30 (not bad beings that it is 20 minutes away) and showed me the goods. (I am sleeping light these days). Much was accomplished, but a few things were still missing.


I decided to get up when Wade got up (hopefully not before 7:00 a.m.) and just go see what I could see. After all, I am a big fan of "crowd mentality". Sure enough, the parking lot was packed and people were walking out with their bags and bags of loot. No crazy attacks at our local Walmart, and I DID find a few deals! Like THIS for $140 (enclosure included)!!! You better believe it! The workers SAID they were all gone, but there were a few left thrown in with the regularly priced ones. I BEGGED the worker to scan it so I could verify it was the right one, and, IT WAS! I started to attract some attention and a few other stalkers... I mean, shoppers, realized that there WERE a few more available. I got some help out, and headed out the door before anyone could jump me. Mission accomplished.

We might not have snow here in AZ, but the other complaint that the children have is their lack of that big blue thing in our yard...

We sold it before we left. Hopefully this will minimize the complaining around here. One out of two ain't bad, is it? BESIDES, we DID get some of the white stuff on Thanksgiving.

Do you see it? LOOK CLOSELY! It is hail. Isn't that close enough? You better believe I made them go outside and play in it.. It IS a form a snow after all. They were dreaming of a white Christmas and GOT ONE! :)

Here is to more answered WISHES this Holiday Season!

6 comments:

♥Shally said...

I don't know if I could EVER do the black Friday thing...

YAY for your great purchase though!

Christie said...

I was tempted to go shop early, but when it came down to it, I'm far too lazy to get up that early and deal with crowds. Good for you. That's a steal on the big gift for the kids!

Bridget said...

I don't do Black Friday either. I"m more of a cyber Monday girl. That is a steal for that trampoline! That is awesome.

calibosmom said...

Sweet deal on the tramp! I didn't go out until later that day. I won't give up sleeping in on my day off.

Linsey said...

Sounds so early, but totally worth it in your case -- good job!

Ilene said...

Don't tell my kids that their mom coulda got one of them.

Oh, I miss my Spokane friends but I don't miss those inches and inches of snow. Boise ain't Arizona but it is definitely not as cold, thank goodness.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails