Sunday, November 30, 2008

Shorn

My baby is gone. When I would pick him up to snuggle him, sometimes I would get little tufts of fine baby hair up my nose, and I loved it. He was cute, he was baby... Now, he is not.



Now he is shorn, and I hate it. Now he looks older, and I hate it. Now, he has almost voluntarily given up his binky and started saying a TON more words almost simultaneously with his hair cut and I hate it . My friend from church said she hardly even recognized him and was so sad that his curls were gone... .I almost cried. A few months ago, I didn't think this day would come! But now, it has come and gone, and although he is still professing MANY toddler issues, I miss my baby. Good thing I am having another one I guess.


Good bye baby Wade, we will miss you. TONS. I wish you would drop the drooling as part of your growing up phase! :)

*Why did I do it? It was starting to lose its curl, and beginning to look like a complete rats nest. You can only prolong growing up for so long...

6 comments:

Melissa-Mc said...

Shorter hair, but still super cute!

shauna said...

Would it make you more sad if I told you it looks like he is headed for the MTC?

I love curls too. Wahhhhh.

Bridget said...

It is very cute short too. He looks so grown up. Which I realize is the problem here. Don't worry, once you have that baby, changing his diaper will be oh so disgusting.

Jenibelle said...

I have never had a curl on a child's hair to miss. Maybe that's why cutting it never bothered me! He is really cute. You will be glad he can communicate once new baby comes, one crying fussing baby at a time.

Christie said...

Don't you hate those big milestones that turn our babies into big boys?

Jill said...

Too cute! Doesn't it suck to watch them grow? Lucky you get another one!! Each phase is so awesome though, I love watching them learn and grow and continue to love you even more and more :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails