Thursday, December 3, 2009

Let's just call it a day. .





It started with K waking up at 6. Not my favorite thing. I haven't complained about her sleep issues lately because they had actually gotten better! I didn't want to Jinx it. After a few nights of tough love, she started sleeping until 7 ish. . (A totally reasonable hour in my book). But today, it was 6, and yesterday it was 6 and I am really, not, loving, it.

At about 8 a.m. she started crying inconsolably. For the life of me, I just could NOT get her to stop! I had to get ready to take Jaxon to therapy and because she was on the fritz that meant, hurry up, no shower, get out the door, maybe she will be happy in the car.

I dropped Jaxon off and went to the Library to get our Culture Pass to the Science Museum because the kids have a half day! MOTHER OF THE YEAR!

Waited 15 mins for the library to open and they don't have them at that library. Put two kids back in the car, go to the other library, get them back out of the car. . blah blah blah. In the car, out of the car, in the car, out of the car, back in the car. Got it.

I needed to run a little errand to the store. It involved a box and two kids. Instant problem. I convinced Wade to help me carry the box, but in order to do so, he had to drop the toy he had in his hand. It dropped into the parking lot island flower bed right next to our car and I convinced him it would be fine for the 10 minutes I needed to do my return.

My return turned into 15 minutes because 1/2 way through the transaction, the guy voided the transaction and had to start over. K was finally going crazy. It now being almost 11, and still no nap. I let her amp it up to get the guy to hurry. (You have all done it, I know you have)

We left the store and Wade went to get his toy, and guess what. It was GONE. After 15 minutes!!! We were the ONLY car parked right on that island so it would have to have been someone walking by. I was furious. I don't even recall a time where I have been so furious. It wasn't even a toy, it was PART of a toy. Of course Wade asked where his toy was a gazillion times, I felt like the crappiest mom EVER, and he was reduced to tears. GREAT.

I seriously waited in the parking lot for at least 10 minutes to find the culprit and to console my crying 2 year old. The only person that came back to their car was an old lady. Doubt it was her. Lucky for them.

By noon, I finally get K down for a nap, where I think she is going to sleep for at least 3 hours. She wakes up after 1 and cries for the next two.

So do i.

I realize Jaxon has therapy at 3, and we will not be going anywhere fun for the afternoon. . . Earlier hassle for mother of the year. . .pointless.

Abby comes home with bad grades on her writing papers. . which we have discussed several times already (that is such a big saga that I have even planned on scanning papers and blogging about it--but just never have). She is grounded from TV and of course, more crying is involved.

As I make dinner, I open the fridge and K gets her hands on a new, glass bottle of soy sauce that of course, got dropped and shattered all over the floor.


Peter came home from work.

I check out.

It was a no good, horrible, very bad day.


liz said...

:( sorry you had a bad day.

It's always funny how one or two of those parts of bad days are no big deal but when they all get bundled together all into one day and create a list of events one after another it's crushing and ack!

abbyandcompany said...

We have all been there and will probably be again shortly. It still sucks when you are in it though. Way to check out. I hear ya.

Natalie said...

hope today is better:)...xo

does it make me rotten inside if i wished the toy thief would have come back so that you could blog about that? sounds like you were in momma bear mode. it would have been a great post:)

Lindsey said...

Nat, I thought the same thing. I was like... IF i find this person, this is going to be a great blog post! I AM CRAZY!!

jessica said...

So sorry! I had to go to the post office earlier this involved packages, my purse and Camden. I was stressed about it all morning, just getting out of the car was a circus act! Thank heavens for automatic side doors and friendly old men.

Leah said...

I'm sorry! I love checking out at the end of the day myself.

calibosmom said...

Ok, you win for the worst day.


Related Posts with Thumbnails