Monday, May 3, 2010

Capital T

Kaylie has been pooping in the tub. A rite of passage in our home, and yours too I am sure. The other day, before I put her in the tub, I gave her a chance to do her business in the toilet. You know, got her n*ked put her on the toilet, waited to see if anything came out, and then stuck her in the tub.



The look on her face when I did this was one of pure excitement. Like, you are putting ME on the TOILET?? I didn't know I could do THIS!!!! I remember laughing to myself that she was so excited. But relieved that maybe she might wait to do her business in the toilet, instead of the tub next time, since she seemed kinda like she knew what was going on.



Yesterday morning, at the early hour of 6:30, Kaylie woke up. Have I ever mentioned that NO HUMAN BEING ON EARTH SHOULD BE UP BEFORE 7:00? Yeah, I am pretty sure I have. Anyway, I changed her stinky diaper and got her dressed. She had a bottle and after that started wandering around the house. I didn't care much where she went as long as she wasn't trying to wake someone up.



I heard grunting. You know what means. I was surprised because I just changed a stinky diaper, but I was going to wait until she was done to change it. It sounded like she was in her room. Perfect, I will just sweep in there and get her up on the changing table. The grunting continued, and I thought, WOW. This is going to be serious.



After a few more minutes of grunting I walked toward her bedroom to see what was going on. She wasn't in her bedroom. I walked down the hall. Toward the bathroom. . . . I always HATE walking toward the bathroom to find my child, because nothing good is EVER going on in the bathroom. NOTHING EVER.



This is what I saw.


That is obviously not Kaylie, but that IS WHERE SHE WAS. Except, she wasn't crying. She was just doin' her business.

Sick.

7 comments:

jessica said...

Hopefully this a sign that potty training will go smoothly and come early for you!

Danika said...

So many comments about this post, I don't even know where to start!

First, apparently we are not human at our house since EVERYONE is up long before 7:00 a.m. every morning of the year!

Second, toilets scare me with little kids. I never got one of those latch things, but I always wanted/needed one for my peace of mind. I always pictured my kid stuck head first down drowning in the toilet...

Third, that picture is funny. But not because of the kid in the toilet. What the heck is all that stuff in the bathtub?!?

Anonymous said...

oy. that's never good...but like jess said, maybe the diaper purchasing/changing is disappearing sooner than later...
(i didn't ask permission to shorten jessica's name. sometimes i call you lindz too...sorry guys. in cyber space i can do what ever i want. in real life i would never be so presumptuous)

The Grant Family said...

Ah, that was a good laugh. Thank you! Well, she knows where to go...potty training, here you come!

The Grant Family said...

Ah, that was a good laugh. Thank you! Well, she knows where to go...potty training, here you come!

The Grant Family said...

Ah, that was a good laugh. Thank you! Well, she knows where to go...potty training, here you come!

liz said...

oh you are right. yuck. bath time early in the morning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails