Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Lindsey the Laundress

This was my nickname growing up . . .I am really not sure who came up with it. I think maybe my dad did. I think he was disturbed by what I did to his utility bill. I started doing laundry on my own, oh, I don't know, I think I was probably 10. I was just tired of waiting for my mom to do it, so I decided to do it myself.

The thing is, I did it ALL THE TIME. They would probably claim that I did it every day. I probably did it two times a week, which for a kid that age, was quite a bit. My parents would have to kick me out of the laundry room from time to time because I was hogging it.

Anyway, this leads me to TWO Subjects: Nicknames, and my newly painted laundry room . . .(more on the laundry room later)

We have about a jillion nicknames for our kids. Nicknames have always been important to us, and we actually considered what their nicknames might be BEFORE actually naming them. When Abby was born, my husband would make up songs to go along with her nicknames. (I will post the lyrics at the bottom) The other kids didn't really get songs that were dedicated to them. . . He was really the most musical with Abby, maybe because it rhymes with so many things, but still, we have managed to come up with many nicknames for all.

Abby: Pooker (pronounced poohker), Babbly Abby, Babby, Pookeraroo, Pookerelly, Baby (we called her this a lot from 0 -9 months), and Petunia Picklebottom.

Jaxon: Jax, Bjax, Bubba, Bub, Bubbadub, Wacko-Jacko, Jacko, JP, Bubba-Jack, and Crazy. (Just kidding on that last one)

Wade: Wader, Waderpants, Dub, Waderoo, Wadeski, and Amy's little boy likes to call him Wayne, which I think is cute.

My husband and I don't really have nicknames for each other other than 'honey' but, I will tell you that calling each other by our REAL names is an absolute No NO, and is always met with a sarcastic calling of the other persons' first name. I am not sure why this is, but it is kinda funny.

Ok: Here is one of Abby's songs: Sung to the Horsey, Horsey song. (You know, horsey, horsey on our way. . )

Abby Abby she's ok
she likes to sing hip hip hooray
she likes to run all around the house
tonight we hope she's quiet as a mouse

She likes to eat a little banana
She likes to drink up all her milk
Her belly's soft as puddin'
Her skin is soft as silk.

Repeat faster:

I have many more songs for Abby, but this is the one I thought would be least offensive. :) Other's speak of her tooting, and being fat. . . Come on! She was a baby!!!

1 comment:

abbyandcompany said...

This is so telling as to why you couldn't wait to get to the laudry mat the other day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails