Sunday, February 3, 2008

Thai Peanut Sauce with Chicken

Ok, I have to admit. I have altered this recipe severely. But, it works for my family, and me and we love it. I am going to put down the recipe as I make it, NOT as it is written, because I would have to put far too many notes down for you to make sense of it!

Enjoy!

In a small saucepan:

6 Tbls. water
1/4 Cup peanut butter
2 Tbls. brown sugar
2 Tbls. soy sauce
2 Tbls. rice vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. minced peeled fresh ginger
1 1/2 tsp. dark sesame oil
1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp chile paste with garlic (optional)
2 garlic cloves, minced

Heat on medium heat, and stir with a whisk. Bring mixture to a boil and cook for one minute. Turn heat to low and let sit.

Cut, and stir fry.

4 Chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
2 Grated Carrots
1 Red Bell pepper, thinly sliced, or chopped
1 Cup frozen peas

4 servings of hot cooked noodles such as penne, bowties, spaghetti, or whatever else you want to try.


Stir-fry chicken until cooked through. Add grated carrots, chopped bell pepper and cook 2 minutes. Add Thai sauce and frozen peas. Cook until peas are cooked through. Add hot pasta and toss together. All of us love this dish.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Tried this last night! Yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails