Sunday, April 20, 2008

LET THE CELEBRATION BEGIN!

I personally believe that EVERYONE should spend a week celebrating their birthday. Why not? I mean you only get ONE chance a year to celebrate YOU so, why not let it drag on a bit...

My birthday is not until Tuesday, but I started celebrating on Friday with a date to my FAVORITE sushi joint in my home town.. I stare down this plate of sushi
at LEAST once a month and the sweet people there know us so well that they gave us a gift at Christmas time... and when they were having their opening anniversary. They love us..

Here is what a love about them....

The same waiters have been working their for two years! TWO YEARS! I mean, how many places do you go that you recognize a waiter much less ALL of them. They are great...

I love the SUSHI... it is good...EVERY TIME. The plate you are looking at has two Rainbow Rolls (multi-colored fish on top) one Caterpillar Roll (BBQ'd eel covered with avocado) and two H2 Rolls. (It is not on the menu) Tempura Fryed Shrimp inside the roll with crab, shrimp, and a yummy spicy sauce. DIVINE... TRULY.. We have "cheated" on them several times to make sure we are going to the BEST sushi restaurant in town, and guess what, we have regretted it every time.

The owner is there every night we go, and she is always kind and recognizes us.. (Ok, we are hard to miss. I am 6'2" and my husband is 6'5". But she is SUPER sweet and comps us things here and there just to let us know she loves us...

Now... don't YOU want to go there??? I admit, they have probably been open for 3 years and when we started going, we were one of 4 or 5 tables out of 20 filled. When we showed up on Friday night there were only two tables left.. People are catching on... :)

6 comments:

calibosmom said...

I wish I liked Sushi-it looks so good! Maybe I just haven't eaten at the right place...Happy Tuesday!

Anne said...

Jon would be in heaven!

♥Shally said...

Blech-- sushi-- blech.

But happy birthday week!!!

Elizabeth Caldwell said...

Are you not naming the resturant because you want to keep it to yourself??? What if I think I am eating at the best place and I am wrong??? What is a girl to do??

Of course if you are talking about the place that is a hundred yards from where I am sitting now then I have probably seen you there and not realized it!

Jessica said...

Yeah. What is the restaurant? Ryan would NEVER go with me, but we should do a blog party there. (With a trip to the bakery for dessert).

Bridget said...

Oh my gosh! You're 6'2?! That's so cool. I would love to join you at that restaurant. I am all about adventurous eating.

I told a friend about your eating the leftover dessert at the nearby table at a restaurant. She didn't believe me. I thought that was so funny!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails