Sunday, May 25, 2008

TWILIGHTERS

I came upon the Twilight series last summer when my Sister (who I was constantly bugging for a good book until I discovered goodreads) said it was written by a BYU grad, and that it was the biggest book around...Hhmph... I thought. Why haven't I heard of it then..hmm???? Oh yeah, because I am not a big reader.

For those of you who know me, you probably know that I don't like to read much. I mean, I DO like to read, but reading takes far too much time, energy and I usually don't have enough discipline to put down a book if I am having a good time reading it...thus keeping me up to all hours of the night... making me a grumpy, ineffective mother who spends most of the morning sleeping on the couch while children run amuck in the house. So, I guess I DO enjoy reading... however, it always seems to be at the detriment of my life/family. I CANNOT read deep or heavy or sad books because they take FAR TOO MUCH out of me emotionally and having a child with autism usually requires that I save all of my emotional reserve for dealing with him... PLUS... I hate how my eyes ache all day after I bawl my eyes out over a good book not to mention the dehydration and pounding headache the day after. Soooooooo....

I do enjoy reading easy, quick, engaging light reads... which in the past few years have kept me to sticking with series reads like Harry Potter or TWILIGHT.. The Twilight series actually helped me get on a bit of a reading kick where I ACTUALLY read a few books!!! (I know, it was a miracle) but the shear ease and pleasure with which I could read her books made me enjoy reading again... so, THANK YOU STEPHENIE MEYER... for letting me enjoy reading a bit again.

I was visiting Aberjabers blog today and low and behold she had posted some Twilight Trailers! I am sure there are others of you out there that worry about the movie ruining the series for you and others.. but I am happy to report the trailers look pretty good!!! If you would like to take a look visit here and here. Thanks for the links Aberjaber!!Happy reading. As always, I DO recommend reading a book before seeing the movie... Especially in this case.

7 comments:

Jeanelle said...

Oh I'm soooo stinkin' excited for this movie. I have really high hopes that they won't screw up the book too much (Moi? Optimistic? Go figure!) Did you do your picks for tomorrow night??? Don't forget!!

Anne said...

OK, Lindz. Have you been in a cave or what??? LOVE these books. Welcome to Forks!

Ilene said...

Her book "the Host" is good too. Totally a page turner and less teen angst (I love the Twilight series but I really get annoyed with Bella).

Can't wait for the movie either. It looks like fun.

Bridget said...

I loved these series too. I just started The Host so thanks Ilene for letting me know it is worth the read too.

♥Shally said...

Loved those books! I have mixed feelings about the movie, though. I am not loving who they picked to play the characters...

Tina said...

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the guy they picked to play Edward. He just isn't it for the "perfection" I pictured for him. Oh well, entertaining none the less.
I too have read the Host and am not a fan. Sorry to the above posts for that, but it was too weird for me. But Twilight series, LOOOOOVE it.

jessica said...

Here's the deal. I collect children's books for a reason. They are short, they have pictures and I can finish them in 5-10minutes. But you are the bazillionth person to recommend this book/series. So I will finally give in. I will start when school is out. I make my kids read everday, I may as well join them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails