Monday, October 19, 2009

11 days

Isn't that kinda a record for me? I mean, 11 days since you heard from me. . . and no one even wondered where I was. Or did you? Well, I guess I did mention something about fall break, didn't I? Let me just say, it was CRAZY.





I think it was CRAZY good. But there are always some CRAZY BAD moments as well. I was saved in the middle of the 2 1/2 week "break" (it makes me snort a little inside every time I type that word-Break, what a joke) by Peter's parents coming to visit. I am sure they would have LOVED to see Peter for more than the 4 hours they spent with him... But never mind, they had a great time with US!





As a matter of fact, my head is just kinda spinning... spinning... spinning... and no point in getting it to stop now, because K-lo and G-pa are comin' this way today. . So, let's just keep partyin' people. . (But can the kids go back to school now? Please?)





Oh I am awful. Just awful. I am sure if I didn't have crazy K in the mix, I could be gettin' along just fine, but when your baby decides to have a "fussy week" i.e. waking up at 4:00 a.m. FOR THE DAY, while your in-laws, who are trying to rest after jam packed days with 4 kids under 8, are sleeping just down the hall. It just makes for a tired mommy. . . I mean, glazed... over... nobody is home . . kinda feelin' you know? We made the best of it and had a total blast. Even taking in my first visit to the Phoenix Zoo, and now I am a proud card carrying MEMBER! (They spoil us. . anyone else out there have one?-- Let's go together!)

Anywho... we did so much stuff, I can't even remember 1/2 of it. It is a good thing I had my camera with me to document a few good moments. Like Abby and Jaxon riding on the camel at the zoo!


And a few of our peeps at Schneff Farms.

Kinda looks like fall doesn't it? I mean, for a second, Schnepf farms kinda fool you. . . I mean, they have hay bales, and corn mazes, and pumpkins and for a second. . you feel like it is fall! Even in the desert. . . until you step out of the car and it is 100 degrees! It didn't feel too bad to us, but, it took a quick toll on the grandparents. I think we were lucky to get them out of there standing in an up right position! They spoiled us rotten, like they always do, and we had a great time. I hope they did too! Even with that noisy baby down the hall!

Now, it is back to business(?) and the kids have ONE MORE DAY to enjoy the freedoms of no school. I am on the cusp of a secret that I have been keeping for 6 months... I can't believe I have kept a secret for more than 23 hours. I am amazed at myself. Miracles DO happen. I will let you know how it goes over, but to be honest, I am a little nervous. We will see what happens I guess! Until then, treat yourself to some Butterscotch Sauce in my honor. . . this recipe has even started small obsessions in my old neck of the woods. Try it. You will like it.

4 comments:

Jeanelle said...

Okay, I totally missed you and just figured you did something crazy like take your kids cross country on your "break."

I can't believe you've kept a secret so long. Very impressive!! (and slightly curious! lol)

Anne said...

For your sake, I sure hope this secret doesn't involve another move!

jessica said...

Umm...stop teasing us with a SECRET! How long do we have to wait to hear it? Are you pregnant? Are you moving back? Are you having a secret affair with JT? C'mon you have to tell!!!!!!

Melissa-Mc said...

That is a lot of pressure to deal with. Hope you can recover quickly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails