Thursday, April 8, 2010

10

We weren't young, but we were, shall we say, unaware.
Unaware of all of the challenges life might have in store for us.
I have to admit, there have been more than I ever thought there would be.


Some of them have been daunting.
Some of them we will deal with for a very, very long time.
Some of them have arrived recently.
And have been sticking around.
I knew he was good then.



I didn't know he was quite so strong.
I didn't know he was quite so long suffering.
I didn't know he was so forgiving.
I didn't know he was the love of my life.
I didn't.
But he is.



I love these pictures.
Because they aren't posed.
Well, they ARE posed,
but more like you are getting a glimpse of a special and private moment.
It was a special and private moment.



It was quiet.
And a stunningly beautiful day.
It was picture perfect.
Eventhough life is not.



And again,
We were unaware.
Of the blessings we would have.
Of the joy they would bring.
Of the happiness that could be ours
after we got through all the bad.



We are working.
We will always be working.



It is a road.
But I am blessed to be on it,
with him.


Happy Anniversary Honey.
I love you.

2 comments:

Emily said...

beautiful!!

Tammy said...

Congrats! Well written.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails