Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day 3

Oh, I hate to say this, but it feel like day 25!! Not that things aren't going well, they are... but I feel like I am in a constant state of entertaining the kids, re-directing, rebuking, doing dishes and loading and unloading the washer and dryer. Can I put a ban on eating? Or at least eating anything that involves plates, cups or utensils? Or getting clothes dirty? Maybe I will institute naked week.

Yesterday we did Jaxon's therapy run, hit the library and Costco for lunch, and I did a little work on the elliptical. Today we hit a different park. We walked there and I have to tell you, I am wiped out. I think I have contracted Wade's little disease and my throat is already starting to swell... isn't that SWELL.

My body just ain't what is used to be... all this walking/jogging/riding... attempting to lose the pregnancy lbs. has really done a number on me. Unfortunately it is not just sore muscles, but sore JOINTS. I feel like I have been jumping up and down on cement for days.. Oh wait, I kind of have. Looks like I am going to have to try to stay "low-impact" for a while until my body starts to recover a little. As a matter of fact, the shape of body is why you haven't seen a picture of me on this blog in... MONTHS, because it ain't pretty. I was hoping to rectify that soon.

As a matter of fact, I took a shower today, did my hair (which rarely gets done) and put on make up! (If my hair gets done, make up is usually left out) and Abby instantly asked, "Where are you going? "[Sad] I said, "No where" and she said, "But you NEVER get ready unless you are going somewhere." Just how I want to be remembered I tell ya. Unfortunately, that is just kinda how things are going at this point with me and my 5 week old.

Oh, speaking of my 5 week old. This is her sweet little monkey face.
She is just as serious as they come. Not too many smiles.
Unless you call THIS a smile. Trust me. There was only this ONCE and it was so fast I was EXTREMELY FORTUNATE to even capture it on film. Good thing I have a quick finger.


Alright, since I DID do my hair and put on make up (and it wasn't Sunday) here is a picture of me... courtesy of my photographer Abby. We were outside enjoying the weather. Hoping for more fun, and less pain tomorrow.

13 comments:

Laurie said...

Hey I'm the first comment - yeah me! Anywhoo...you look fab! For heaven's sake I am just finally losing the last few lbs after having Chloe and that was ummmm 18 months ago! Yikes, give yourself a little break, it's a process! That is one cute baby though - I think she looks a lot like you actually.

The Grant Family said...

I'm with ya! My kids are on year round school here, so they were "off-track" for three weeks just a few weeks ago. I swear, the amount of laundry and dishes they go through! My goodness!

The Grant Family said...

PS Hello!!??? You're exercising and it hasn't even been 6 weeks! No wonder you're tired. Sit....heal...enjoy :)

♥Shally said...

Honestly, I use paper plates and cups all day except for dinner. Unless Zach is gone-- then I use them then too!! :)

It has saved me SO much time doing dishes.

You look great!

Anne said...

There are certain events that should just not take place with a newborn...spring break is one of them. You sound like Wonder Woman!

calibosmom said...

You look wonderful! My kids say the same thing about me. I'm not one of those get up at 5am and get ready first kinda moms. Hang in there! How about "eat with your hands day"!

jessica said...

That baby is too precious!!!! And you doing all that crazy exercising when you have a five week old!!! HONESTLY no wonder your body is screaming at you! You look great!

And just to make you feel better...my guy is three months old and I still only get dressed when I am going somewhere. Taking kids to and from school doesn't count as "somewhere" so Maya prays everyday that there will not be a need for me to get out of the car.

Emily said...

the website was www.barenescessities.com and they have LARGE sizes!! I'll warn you tough they aren't cheap~~

Melissa-Mc said...

You are looking great and so is that baby. It is painful to find out that doing the motherhood thing with small children gets so much harder the farther you get into your 30's. What's up with that?

Hillary said...

Awww! That little K baby is so cute. Glad you are surviving with all those kiddo's! I wish I could sit outside in short sleeves!

Leah said...

If it makes you feel any better it is 9:30 and I'm still in my undies. I know...what kind of mom gets her kids ready for school and fixes breakfast and does laundry all in her undies? Well, that's me. I'm bad. I will get dressed now.

So I can't tell you how happy I was to see your pretty face on your blog! I've missed you.

Today is love yourself day. Every day is, actually! Look in the mirror and tell yourself you are beautiful all day today. Say to yourself, "I'm ALL THAT!" And your body with all of it's sexy curves is beautiful and powerful. Aren't we blessed? Some day we will be 85 and we'll think, man, I was so sexy back then! Let's enjoy it and live it up.

Heidi said...

Sounds like you're hanging in there. Atleast the weather is decent so you can actually take the kids outside. It's been in the 20's here. Baby Kaylin is growing too fast. She is sooooo cute!! It is nice to see you. You look great!! I miss you.

Jake said...

Lindsey! You look wonderful. And the baby does too. Hang in there and keep blogging it all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails