Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Gettin Crafty [Overload Edition]

I mentioned a while back that my MIL was in town lovin' up on a newborn. We did a lot of that and a lot of getting crafty. Ok, maybe SHE was getting crafty and I was nursing a baby and taking care of Wade while she was using the sewing machine. Either way, she is the SUPREME MISTRESS of the SEWING MACHINE!

She immediately took charge of my dust ruffle, which had been laying on a 1/2 wall in my kitchen and can be viewed in its resting spot here. It was there for over a month, I am sure. She walked in and whipped that thing out in a nano second and here is the finished product! Proudly displayed in eye shot of K's letter and matching curtain! I am thrilled with the results and full of gratitude that it no longer holds residence half finished in my kitchen.




She also brought Kaylin's baby blanket! She has been sewing my babies quilts since Jaxon was born. You can see her first project here. He adored that blanket and she has since made him another because he loved it to shreds. Literally. I got to pick out the fabric and design and here is what came back! I truly LOVE IT! Isn't it beautiful?



Here is a close up of one of the roses.


Once it gets a wash or two the little edges of the roses will fray. It makes my heart go pitter pat when I see it. It will be a little while before she gets to enjoy it fully (it is kinda big), but until then, I will enjoy it for her!


Now, on to the last project we completed. I know, we (she) was busy. I would have love to have been a bigger help. But, lets face it, I wasn't. But, I was sure thrilled to see the last project on my list completed. I had mentioned that I was dying to make Abby a cute dress with some of that coveted AMY BUTLER fabric. I got the fabric and was ready at my second attempt at a Shabby Apple knock off. After all, Shabby Apple makes all their dresses in an ADORABLE Amy Butler Fabric. SOOOOOOOO cute. Here is the final result.

No models yet. You will have to wait until Easter. The dresses are missing their big satin ribbons! It wouldn't be an Easter outfit unless her little sister had one to match!

I can't WAIT!

13 comments:

Anne said...

I find that matching dresses softens the blow of having multiple girls...how did I ge the one Neu brother who produces them?!? Sorry, off topic. Way cute little dresses! And how do you get your own personal crafter? I need one1

Christie said...

Get that woman on a plane to me STAT! I need help! I will pay (but not in newborn love, sorry).

Tina said...

WOW! I want a mother in law like yours. She is awesome! Where do you buy your fabric? And the patterns? I like to sew and maybe I could copy you?

Tina said...

oh, and the quilt is GORGEOUS! I love handmade gifts, they mean SO MUCH MORE!

Caroline C. Bingham said...

SO! CUTE!

calibosmom said...

Those dresses are so beautiful! I'm lovin that fabric and the quilt...can I have your MIL? Tell her I'm an excellent DIL!

Bridget said...

Lucky you! Those dresses are so darn cute! Love 'em.

Anonymous said...

i'll look forward to easter:). Hope you had a wonderful afternoon today. It was fun chatting w/you.

jessica said...

LUCKY LUCKY YOU! That is all I have to say. Oh and I'm jealous.

Heidi said...

Those dresses are gorgeous!! I LOVE IT!

Julianne said...

I love the bedding and the dresses - that is so wonderful to have had her come help.

Leah said...

Jeesh, she is a talented lady!

So I hope you saw Melissa on Ellen because that helped provide some much needed closure for me!

Melissa-Mc said...

W.O.W. Take a picture on Easter morning for all of us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails