Monday, March 30, 2009

Kaylin's Blessing Day

What a week! It started off with the in-laws coming to visit their winter home. . . They have become snowbirds, and haven't even realized it! The kids love having them here and we reserved all of our celebrating for while they were in town. It was nice to have a few extra hands around after two weeks of spring break.
Life has been traveling in flashes of light since little K was born with visitors, spring break and celebrations. Sorry if I have been neglecting the blog. K is a bit of a handful, but is flashing us more smiles as of late to reward us for all of our bouncing and rocking. I have to admit, I have turned a bit soft on this little babe thinking that she is my last. I rock a little longer, I watch and cuddle a little more and I DEFINITELY don't get a lot done. All of you have been sooooooooo generous with your gifts and well wishes and believe me, it has not gone un-noticed. I am close to living a normal life and will be able to get back to all of you SOON!


To reward you for all of your patience I wanted to post some pictures of K on her blessing day. She LOOKED FABULOUS in a little number given to her by her grandma K-lo. Although she looked happy in this picture, she cried through her blessing... (TOTALLY indicative of her temperament so far! :)

This is how she looked RIGHT BEFORE her blessing (my dad was snapping pix in church.. the shame) I think this is a good indication that she was NOT going to be happy during the prayer. Does this face not say, "Whatchootalkin'about willis???"
Here is a picture of the family after the blessing. It was a little windy, no?
As you can see, Abby is dawning her new dress! Doesn't she look adorable? I had a photog take some pictures of her and K in their Easter duds and although they don't showcase the dresses, they sure are adorable anyway. I stole them from Sarah's Blog. . . She is a total sweetheart and did my sitting for FREE b/c she was teaching a class! She is super talented, check her out!

Oh, and this one doesn't have many clothes, but sure is adorable.

We had LOTS of people come and share the big day with us, both family and friends.

And Kaylin? Well, after crying all through her blessing, she was so tuckered out, she slept through her party. . .

I have sooooooooo much more to post! More tomorrow! (ps- I tried to post this at 10:00 a.m. Now you know how my day went...)

10 comments:

Melissa-Mc said...

She does look FABULOUS on her blessing day. I love the picture of her smiling.

Anonymous said...

She looks so cute. The pic in church is my favorite. Thank heaven for grandpas who are willing to break a rule or two. That pose would have been a shame to miss:)!

Bridget said...

I love that you said "whatachootalkin' about Willis?" I use that from time to time and my husband looks at my like I'm a freak. I think its funny.

Your little K is adorable. Love the first pic with the little chin and huge cheeks.

jessica said...

Love the pics! I know how it feels to get nothing done because all you want to do is rock your baby and watch them smile. Knowing it's the last one is a killer...

wenderful said...

She looked adorable. Congratulations. Isn't it the best to have family visiting for these special milestones? I hope the sleeping continues to improve.

Tina said...

what a sweet little angel...even if she cries a bit. My last one did the same thing but it didn't torment me as much as my others. Knowing they are your last makes you almost more patient? Weird but true. Congrats on a special day with special visitors. Makes life so happy!!!!!

Hillary said...

Yeah! I love the pics of little "k". She is a doll. Thanks for sharing!

Tammy said...

I love your blog. You have some way cute posts. I love how you made that carseat cover. I really need to make one. Pooh bear just isn't cutting it for me.

Ilene said...

Love the pin-tucking on the blessing dress. She looks so sweet!

When Dan saw the pictures I had taken of Laura the only thing he said was, "Why is she naked?"

Oh my.

Thea said...

I adore the pic of all the kids on the bed. Oh my!

Many blessings K!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails