Sunday, March 22, 2009

Waking Up

I got up early today. . . You know why. . . The good news is, it was 5:45 a.m., but the last time I looked into her little brown eyes it was 10:00 p.m. She cried for a nano second at 4:00 a.m. But, fell back asleep. . . it could be a fluke, but it is a fluke I am happy about this morning.



The Spring in Arizona is beautiful. The desert "blossoms like a rose". You might not think that scripture refers to AZ, but it applies anyway. There are new flowers (not tulips however) blooming everywhere and the smell of Jasmine is COMPLETELY INTOXICATING. A few times last week I took the kids out in the evening. There is a house down the street that I can tell has Jasmine in the yard. I can't see it, but the smell is so overwhelming that I KNOW it is there, just beyond the fence.



When we buy a house, I will most certainly plant a Jasmine bush. . . because it makes me SOOOOOOO happy. So, I will replace my favorite tulips for Jasmine. . . Happily.



Spring Break is almost over. It wasn't THAT bad. Peter works 2 nights a week until 8:00 p.m. Those days were L.O.N.G. and he took a test this weekend that he has been studying for for months, eating up Saturdays where I would be "on duty" all day as well. He passed. I am so happy for him, I almost feel like I passed it myself. Isn't it great to have so much joy for someone else that you almost feel like it is your own? It is yet ONE MORE THING that we have put behind us. There is a list about a mile long . . . but



Settle Law Suit : Check

Find Job: Check

Pass PMP Exam: Check



Our trajectory feels like it has finally changed to be on the path. . . the reason we came to the desert in the first place. To start a new life. It feels like it is finally here, blossoming along with the spring.

I bet you didn't know.. but there are TONS of butterflies in Arizona. They are all over, and sometimes it is amazing to me how they flourish in the Desert. They are beautiful, and I love watching them. It is amazing to think of their transformation. . . I feel like we too are breaking out of our cocoon.

7 comments:

Leah said...

Congrats on the exam! I have the same flower obsession as you. Your description of the desert made me feel like I was there. It has such a unique beauty.

So Cameron ROCKED the sacrament meeting today. What an amazing young man. His positive spirit was so contagious. After he said "amen", my 10 year old said, "Mom...that was a GOOD talk!"

calibosmom said...

You make me miss Arizona. I wish I were there right now. Glad Spring Break didn't break you and so happy you are feeling settled!

jessica said...

Good Morning! I know how it feels to finally see the light...I can't wait until we have the adoption stuff behind us, but until then I will enjoy my restful nights.

I'm jealous of jasmine and warm days and nights.

JBelle said...

what an amazing post.

Melissa-Mc said...

Arizona sounds beautiful. I'm glad you've almost made it through Spring Break.

Jake said...

So happy you're happy!

Bridget said...

Hi Lindsey. I didn't get to respond to you before we left. I would have SO loved to have seen you when we were in Arizona but we were short on time as it was. We spent more time driving to and fro then we actually spent there. How sad is that. I thought of you though as we drove through Phoenix. You're in Phoenix, right?? Now I'm going to feel really dumb if I am wrong.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails