Thursday, August 27, 2009

Still a little good in the world . .

I don't watch the news... Unless you call THIS the news. It is just too grisly. Especially in a big city like PHX. I like to live in my nice sheltered life and not really know what is going on in the world around me. It is bad, because then I don't catch important news either. . . . but anyway. . .







Today, I am here to tell you that there still is some good in the world because yesterday, I set off to get my oil changed. I am WAY over due. But tell me getting your oil changed is high on your list when you have a 2 year old and 6 month old. Yeah, me neither. But, I did a babysitting swap and dropped Wade off so that waiting for an oil change would only be 1/2 as bad and it would have been. . if I would have ever gotten there.







I just happened to stop off here for some gas. . . to GET to my oil change. Recognize it? It is the Costco Gas station. . .



I pulled in, started pumping and left the key in the ignition. Then I hopped in the back seat to try to deal with K who has decided that she H.A.T.E.S her car seat again. She hated it, then she got used to it and then I had to put her in a REAL car seat (not a carrier) because she is so stinkin' big and now she is back to hating it. I can't win.

Anyway, I finished up, put her back in her seat and she started to scream right away and I went to turn the car on and NOTHIN'. . I mean, SOMETHING. . .But not enough to start the car! It is definitely at the top of my list to be stuck outside in 100+ degree weather with no car battery.

A nice lady in front of me offered her jumper cables and Trevor (the guy manning the station) came over to help. He told me that if I went to buy a battery at the store, and brought it back out he would put it in for me. . . NOW THAT IS SERVICE!!!

But the store wasn't open. I drove around until it was open and hopped back on over for Trevor to help me out.

Before I knew it, another guy had come over and was helping out too! He said, "I just changed my wife's battery! She has a Honda too!" and then he just went to work. . . talking about how he has kids and he wouldn't want his wife out here in the heat with his baby and so on. They were so amazing. As a matter of fact. Here they are. . hard at work.



If you go to the Gilbert Costco gas station EVER, say hi to Trevor for me, and thank him again for helping me. It meant the world to me! (He said he changes brakes too! I can't wait to go back to him with my brake pads in hand!)

And the other guy. . . I asked his name before he left and asked him what on earth he was doing at Costco in the middle of the day. He said he was going to buy his wife some jewelry . . . GOOD MAN. . GOOD MAN. . I asked him what he did and he said, "Well, I am not soliciting business, but if your husband needs a vasectomy. . . " I took his card with GLEE and said, "HE DOES." (If your husband needs one, please see Dr. Lin. . he is GREAT at changing a car battery, so, I am sure he would do a great job with your husband's plumbing!)

10 comments:

Anne said...

The end of the story made me laugh out loud! That is hilarious! And thank heavens there are still such good people in the world. And I am now obsessed with Pioneer Woman...I DID not need more distractions!!!

Jeanelle said...

Oh my gosh - I loved this! So glad there are so many nice people still around in the world.

Tammy said...

What a great story.
There are good people in the world. What a blessing.
Our batteries went out on both of our cars last month. We talked to some people about it, and they said that it's the Arizona heat....so keep your warranty on the battery.

shauna said...

Now that is a great story well told! What a laugh. I love good stories and good people. What a blessing.

cher said...

Love it. = )

Ilene said...

Awesome. Such service!

I had a favorite gas station in Oregon where the guys who pumped the gas were the most delightful of people. I always left that place with a smile.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I'll have to keep that post in my file just in case ryan's plumbing ever needs work;).

calibosmom said...

I wish it were possible to add laughing sounds to comments. Too too funny!

Melissa-Mc said...

I am so glad you were able to take care of so many "needs" at Costco. I love nice people.

Christa said...

seriously hilarious! I have to say that i was sitting her tonight after a long day and telling myself that i needed a good laugh. So my first thought...read Lindsey's blog! And once again, i was not disappointeed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails