Saturday, January 23, 2010

Coco


I have seen a few blog posts about Team Coco this week... I'll be honest, I didn't care. I don't watch Leno, or CoCo, or Letterman.. well, sometimes I watch Letterman because my husband DVR's it and wants me to watch a clip, but for the most part, I just don't watch late night TV. [Because I have a DVR that is already busting at the seams with recorded shows and somethin's gotta give mkay?]
But, I decided to set a recording for last nights last episode because I was SURE something monumental would happen or be said, and, I was right. But it wasn't what I expected.
Conan surprised me and said that he is not a cynic (I thought all comedians were by nature). And that you get places in the world by being nice and doing good.
To be honest, I was completely caught off guard by this message from someone who was being canned on a 10 year contract after 7 months. To say the least, I was impressed. Impressed that someone like him could actually say something positive and encourage OTHERS to be positive and tried to instill a sense of goodness in the world.
Kudos CoCo. Way to stay on a high note.


5 comments:

Leah said...

I was surprised too, but if I got paid 45 mil to leave a job I'd be crying happy tears! He'll get hired by another network.

The Grant Family said...

I like them both. Not that I watch either all that often, but I am impressed by the way Conan has handled it. (45 mil doesn't hurt either!)

Jeanelle said...

I love when Conan said that and I think it earned him lots more fans after that. I don't really watch either but laugh more at Letterman.

calibosmom said...

I'm not too worried about Conan. He'll be just fine especially with his 33 million. He has been especially funny through this whole deal.

Hollyween said...

I LOVE conan for that comment. It totally made my night. I'll be a forever fan just because of that. Because seriously? Isn't there enough cynics in the world? And out of all the people who could be one, he decided not to be. Awesome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails