Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wings of Love

* pic courtesy of abc.com


Anyone have that song stuck in their head today??? No? Just me?

Alright... wouldn't be the first time.

To those of you who watched the Bachelor last night the only word I can think of to sum it up was...


AWKWARD.

Wasn't it?

Was it Jake? (I know there are a lot of Jake haters out there... don't hate him because he is awkward--think of a better reason)

Was it the HORRIBLE, GOOFY, STUPID (I hate that word-- and for the record, I hate the word hate) ONE liners the girls were coming up with. I mean, I have never heard worse in the HISTORY of bad opening one liners!!!

Moving on...

Ed and Jill: We get it, you are still together... but I have to admit, I was watching Ed like a HAWK for any slip ups... looking too long.. looking down... looking at all... it was distracting.

Ali- She is my fav right now... She was fun, not too attached, cute, and really tried to make the best of it, even though she was sick and didn't play the "I'm sick" card as hard as she could have.

Elizabeth from NEBRASKA??? Puhlease! How 'bout Elizabeth from LA who is trying to jump start her career. I am not going to say I didn't like her, but, I think her intentions were CLEAR.

Christina- Jelly Beans? A little too much on the I'm gonna show you side. Don't you think? Too much.

Michelle- Too weepy.. Especially for the first night,

and Rosyln-- Too model-y.

In the end, I think Jake might surprise us all and pick... NO ONE? Maybe... if Bachelor would, it would be him.. Not because no one is perfect enough (HI BRAD WOMACK) But because he really is just a good guy, lookin' for a good girl and there wasn't one who answered the casting call.

We will see!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

heavens, you're going to make me watch again aren't you? you and these posts...making me want to watch stupid stuff...that i enjoy after i get sucked in...we'll see lindsey, we'll just see...

The Grant Family said...

Loved it last night, although too many girls were trying WAY too hard. Oh, and that poor Michelle. Goodness girl....get a grip!

I can't say that I have a favorite yet. I need more than a rose ceremony to fall in love ;-)

The Grant Family said...

PS Nice roll of clips for the upcoming season. I must admit I'm curious to see what made Jake kick the lights and walk out of the interview. I'm hooked...as always!

Hollyween said...

How come I haven't been reading your blog? Hilarious. I noticed you were following mine (which I'm just about to do with yours) and felt so flattered I had to come over here and comment. Since we are both Bachelor lovers and all.

Jake is cheesy, yes. But is cheesy really the only reason to hate him? At least he is semi-wholesome. Am I right?

Cindy and Quent said...

It's hard to tell after the first show HOWEVER last night was probably my least favorite premier show since I started watching just over 5 seasons ago.

Only time will tell, I wasn't a big fan of Jake last season and I can say the only girl I seemed to like wasn't one of the 15 that he kept.

I love reading your blog about the Bachelor...Thanks Linds!

Jeanelle said...

The girls on these shows just embarrass me. They are so needy and pushy. And I honestly didn't see the "Elizabeth wants to be a star" thing at all. I must not have paid enough attention or I was too busy covering my eyes to protect myself from all of the big boob shots. I get the feeling he didn't choose anyone either...and while I think he's got a hot bod and a great smile, he gets this totally insincere look too. Something about him is just not quite right...

Lori Sundberg said...

I saw don't waste your time! I was a Bachelor/Bachelorette fan for a long time. For me - too many disappointments. If they choose wrong (or for the wrong reasons) or don't choose at all, I feel CHEATED! I'm done feeling like the Bachelor did me wrong. I'm OUT!

Unknown said...

i have to say... i wasn't thrilled with any of them. almost all the ladies bugged me. although i do have to admit i'm interested to see what all the upcoming drama is about!

Hillary said...

I want to stop watching this silly show, but like a bad habit, I can't quit. The only thing that makes it all worth it is watching it with Trev and listening to his running commentary. HI-larious!

jessica said...

I can't believe I'm going to admit this to you....I FORGOT TO WATCH IT! Seriously I got sucked into fourth grade homework and Aric was gone and....I'm so mad!

abbyandcompany said...

I missed it. It would have been good "clean the kitchen and watch TV" combo. As a side note, that picture is kinda freaky. So is the song.

Jake said...

I haven't watched the past several seasons. I think Jake is adorable...because he looks a little like my Jake.

Leah said...

Love your recaps.

Agree with all of it.

But you never mentioned my fave...Tenley. She seems nice enough for him.

He needs to stop laughing at his own jokes. One liners are lame. Glad there is drama coming up!

I'm excited for Survivor's Villians vs. Heroes. Saw the cast. It's great. And they never got to see Russell play because they filmed it while his show aired!!! Nice.

The Neus said...

OK, I watched it online, where they have a head shot of Jake with his pilot's hat on... I can't escape visions of the Village People every time I see it! And for the record, I liked Elizabeth and Allie.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails