Monday, March 3, 2008

Enlightenment

So, my son Jaxon has a woobie. You know, a blankie that he loves and adores. It was made by my mother-in-law when he was born, and he has slept with it every night since. Of course, there are a few nights (like tonight) where it gets confiscated for mis-behavior, but for the most part, he sleeps with it every night. Anyway, a while ago, we noticed Jaxon was tearing off squares of his quilt (it is backed with a plaid flannel)
I didn't think much about it, and would scold him for tearing up his beloved blankie. . . until one day, a few weeks ago, I noticed a pattern.

I mean, an actual pattern! He was tearing off the squares in a pattern. . . oh wait . . . all of those squares just happened to be the exact same fabric! What could POSSIBLY be so BAD about that square of fabric???? I took a closer look, and realized that there was an offensive little creature on that piece of fabric. . take a closer look. Can you see it???
IT IS A BEE. Do you want to know why Jaxon thinks that is such an offensive creature???

By the way, now that all of the offending fabric is gone, there is no longer any tearing of the blankie... go figure.

4 comments:

Anne said...

That is one of the best crazy-things-our-kids-do kind of story I've heard in a long time. It's always fun to discover the method to their madness!

Lindsay said...

I know Jaxon is smart...but what I am really in awe of is how smart you are! (I know you're smart but I am so absent-minded I don't think I would've put 2&2 together) You are a sleuthy sleuthy! So funny! I don't blame him a bit!

Jenibelle said...

That is a bee sting? Holy Salt Lake City!!

Anonymous said...

I totally feel that poor baby's pain. Once, when I was little, I climbed into my sleeping bag to have a "camp out" with my sister in our basement and I got stung IN THE BELLY BUTTON by a wasp and had a very similar reaction. I was 5 and looked pregnant. I am still TERRIFIED of bees and wasps.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails