Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Constantly Infirm

Woops- really the Scared Spitless post was supposed to be first. . :)

DO NOT LET THIS HAPPY BABY PICTURE FOOL YOU. WADE HAS NOT BEEN TRULY HAPPY FOR NEARLY THREE MONTHS.
(In this pic, it was 9:00 p.m. and he was ridiculously slap happy and started to laugh when I was taking pictures of the 'frat boy' partier passed out in the car on the way home from a rousing game of bowling) . . . ANYWAY. . Back to the infirm.


Wade-- 6 visits to the Dr. between January 29th and March 5th. 3 ear infections, 3 rounds of antibiotics, Tubes on March 17th (the Dr. said his ears were already infected again when he put the tubes in). We went in for a 'well-baby' appointment on the following Monday and the crabby baby that I thought was crabby because he was over coming his tube surgery was really just crabby because he had ANOTHER ailment. . . .Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease. Great . . . I can only think of one other disease that makes me feel as gross as this one and that would be lice. Maybe we will go to a Chicken Pox Party and I will wrap him in the blanket of another infected child and go for the TRIFECTA! Honestly, let it be over.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

OH my gosh! HFM is the most painful sickness I've ever seen my kids deal with. Did they tell you about the Maalox mixed with something remedy? If not google it, or call your doctor. My Jane had it at 1 and bawled and bawled and bawled, and then I gave her that mixture. And she stopped.

Anne said...

Wow! I didn't even know that was REAL! Good luck! Does he at least like to cuddle when he's sick...not that you have time for that!

calibosmom said...

This kid is headed for greatness! He'll get all of his ailments out of the way now and do great things when he is an adult. You'll be in the nuthouse of course but he'll be amazing. So sorry for you! Hope things get better soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails