Thursday, March 27, 2008

Food Frenzy

If you have never checked out my Favorite Family Food Blog... now is the time to do it! I am at my mom's house for the week and I am going through her recipe drawer...yes....drawer. You might ask, why does she keep recipes in a drawer? To be honest, I don't know, but it is the most wackadoo way to keep things "organized" mainly because they aren't.

If there is a recipe that she likes or wants to try or that someone gave to her, it gets slapped into the drawer. There are many amazing recipes in the drawer.
Tonight, I spent the night looking through the drawer trying to find the family treasures... you know, the recipes that she makes each year during the holidays, or the recipes that just the thought or smell of them bring back a myriad of memories... those recipes . . and if they ended up on my food blog. . .it is official, they are awesome.

Some of these recipes are 30+ years old, in her mother's handwriting, or copied on a ditto machine (if you don't know what that is, ask someone over 30 years old). Some were torn out of magazines and newspapers and tattered and brown and so fragile that you feel like they are going to turn to dust if you pick them up! My mom seems to think they are "organized" in the drawer . . . desserts on the right, other stuff on the left. . . Um, right. . .

That is ok. I am doing my part to preserve our family history (in a food kind of way)and gain another 10 pounds cooking things that I love and things that remind me of growing up with a wonderful mother who just also happened to be a wonderful cook. Enjoy

My Sistas and Me Favorite Family Food Blog

7 comments:

♥Shally said...

I LOVE recipe blogs. I will be checking yours regularly!

I have one too-- it is open to anyone who wants to post a recipe. It is called bloggerbuffet.blogspot.com

Nice to "meet" you!

jessica said...

I will be checking out your food blog for sure. Your mom sounds like my mom in the "organization" department. You gotta love 'em...

jessica said...

I will be checking out your food blog for sure. Your mom sounds like my mom in the "organization" department. You gotta love 'em...

Jessica said...

Love the tried and true recipes.

AND I'll be in Utah in about 12 hours, should the roads cooperate. See you there!

calibosmom said...

Love new recipes! I really like the From the Sea-I need some good fish ideas and family recipes are always the best! Thanks for sharing!

Bridget said...

I have a brother named Wade! Very uncommon name.

www.bagsnblings.com is one site although it isn't the one I am thinking of. If I can find it again, I'll send it to you.

Lindsay said...

I love your moms way of organizing! Now just to find a spare drawer...I love your recipe blog, I drool over it! I made your potstickers and I think maybe shared a few...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails