Sunday, November 2, 2008

UN AMERICAN

I have to start out by saying, I think I am one of the most patriotic people on the PLANET. I tear up at any and all patriotic hymns. I LOVE Washington DC (not only because I served a mission there) But because all of the monuments are stunning and heart stirring and if you have EVER been to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier you will agree that you can feel the Spirit of a Country there. It is a beautiful place full of reverence and gratitude for those who have sacrificed for our country. I have taken THOUSANDS of pictures of the Iwo Jima Memorial because standing behind it and looking over our Nations Capitol is something that you will never forget.

I LOVE IT
I AM AN AMERICAN
With that said, I regret to inform you, that even though I have my personal Vote counter on my blog... that is as 'bout as far as my vote is going to get me... because, since moving to Arizona, I haven't registered to vote. Not for lack of wanting or trying, but for being too late when I realized that it wasn't done and then realizing that I wasn't going to get back from Utah before my deadline was up. So, I sit here on the Eve of an Election Eve unable to participate in our country's democratic process. My husband can hardly believe it. He doesn't even know if I am the same girl he married. (I am not sure that I AM) However, I still know the importance of responsible citizenship, and I am sorry that I am not able to be that responsible citizen on Tuesday. Maybe, since I have fallen off the wagon, I will take the opportunity to rob a bank as well. [Might as well take advantage of it]
HAPPY VOTING
May our freedoms and opportunities be sustained and may someone have enough brains and guts to guide us out of this economic crisis!!!

9 comments:

The Grant Family said...

Which DC mission did you serve in and when?

The Grant Family said...

Shoot....now that I asked you which mission I forgot if it was the north or south I lived in. I think south. I grew up in Sterling. Lived there from the time I was in 1st grade. My parents moved to Leesburg for awhile, but I'm a Sterling Park girl.

The Grant Family said...

PS Cher's blog is: The Pittmans

Melissa-Mc said...

Sorry you are not able to vote. You have some extenuating circumstances.

A similar thing happened to me on my mission. I had been so excited. It was the first presidential election I would be voting in. I received my absentee ballot in the mail 2 weeks after the election.

Caroline C. Bingham said...

You communist.

Anne said...

I did the exact same thing when we moved to Jersey. It feels HORRIBLE! I'm sorry.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. But if you are going to rob a bank you might as well do it drunk.

oh wait, you are pregnant. Don't get drunk, just rob the bank.

Heidi said...

Oh great! I am sure your vote, or lack of a vote is going to effect everything. Maybe you should have tracked down your WA mail in ballot and sent that in.

Bridget said...

Bummer. That happened to us when we moved to Massachusetts. We thought we were registered (long story) but we weren't. You can vote in your heart. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails