Sunday, November 23, 2008

What to do here....

This weekend we went to the Desert Botanical Gardens here in PHX. I must say, it is not someplace I would visit in the afternoon or in the summer (way, waayy, waaaayyyy too hot people) However, I would HIGHLY recommend it in the morning (they open at 8:00 a.m.) and ESPECIALLY while the Dale Chihuly Display is going on. WHO IS DALE CHIHULY you might ask? Well, click on the link silly.

You MIGHT know him if you have been to the Bellagio in Las Vegas, NV. He created the chandelier that is hanging in the entry.. he has created thousands of glass sculptures and luckily, we get to have his display here at the Desert Botanical Gardens. I was sooooooooo excited when I found out that Peter's parents would be here during the display. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to "SURPRISE!" them with it because they had already read about it on the plane. Oh well.

It was still a stunning display of artistry, and if you are a budding (or experienced) photog it would be the place to come and have a day taking FABULOUS pix! I am not a pro- nor do I have a pro camera, and I think my pix turned out pretty awesome. Here are a few of my favs.
The best part is when I handed my camera over to Abby when I was done snapping shots... Here is her subject matter....
Nice picture of my big pregnant butt Abby, thanks. You are awesome! I love looking at what she took pictures of. I was happy to hand over my camera... I wish I would have let her keep it because we went back later that night (we kept our wrist bands on) to see the display lit up at night.. and I took this picture ...
Right before I dropped my camera (WHICH HAPPENS TO BE MY BACK UP BACK UP CAMERA) and it broke.

8 comments:

jessica said...

So awesome! Your pix look great!

calibosmom said...

That looks very cool.

Linsey said...

It's November, and it looks hot, but cool all at the same time.

Jake said...

Excellent. I will be there next time we're in town!

♥Shally said...

A-MAZ-ING!!

Bridget said...

Very cool. Great pictures Linds.

shauna said...

Oh no, not the back up camera! You got some nice pictures first though.

I think I have seen one of his chandeliers in a Marriott in SLC. I was so impressed with it but had no idea who it was. Amazing what a guy can do with some hot sand!

Heidi said...

Pretty cool Pictures. I am glad you are loving AZ. There seems to be tons to do and great weather to enjoy it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails