Friday, January 18, 2008

Chicken Divan (Red and White Cookbook)

I am not sure how it happened, but this went from Chicken Divan (which sounds sooooooooooo divine) to Chicken and Broccoli. I made it probably once a week when we first got married, and then, I don't know, it just got dropped! I was strapped for something to make the other night, and I had all of the ingredients to make it, so I did! But I know it had been years since I had made it.

Anyway, I used a recipe from the Red and White Check Cookbook. (I think it is actually a Betty Crocker Cookbook, but my family calls it the Red and White Check Cookbook) Anyway, it was fun to make it a little different. I will post both of the ways that I have made it, and you can choose based on what you have in your pantry!


Chicken Divan (Red and White Cookbook)

1 10-ounce package of frozen cut broccoli thawed (or use fresh, and steam)
2 cups Chopped Cooked Chicken or turkey (I usually poach the chicken breasts in boiling water)
1 10 3/4 oz. can of reduced fat cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, or cream of celery soup
1 4 1/2 oz can sliced mushrooms
1/2 Cup plain low-fat yogurt
1/4 Cup chicken broth
1/4 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp curry powder (optional)
1 Cup corn bread stuffing mix or herb-seasoned stuffing mix
2 Tb. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. Paprika

Place broccoli in the bottom of a 2 quart square baking dish. Top with chicken or turkey and mushrooms.

In a medium sauce pan, combine soup, yogurt, chicken broth, dry mustard, and, if desired, curry powder. Heat through, but do not boil. Pour the soup mixture over the broccoli and chicken in the baking dish. Sprinkle stuffing mix over soup mixture. Top with Parmesan cheese, and paprika.

Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails