Friday, January 11, 2008

The First Step is Admitting It. . .

Ok, I admit it. I am a serial cookbook purchaser... No, I am not kidding... When I am standing in the check out line, I look at and sometimes even read the tabloids... (I subscribe to People Mag, and I look forward to it! OK! We all have our vices!!)

HOWEVER, when it comes right down to it, when I am looking at the mags... my eyes always are drawn to the cooking magazines... I already subscribe to Everyday Food. Which I ordered because my sister recommended it. I DO love it... I love it when it comes and my favorite things are their "Healthy Start" ideas... (Breakfast Ideas) and "After School Snacks" They are just fun to read, and great ideas... Do I make them? Not always, but I love to read them, and I save them because I think I will use them some day.

Now, I DO make a lot of the dinner recipes.. many of them I have posted on the right as a link. I think I have mentioned they also have a TV show here on Saturday mornings that I tivo. (PBS) I love their recipes because they use stuff I usually have in my pantry, and they are always super yummy. Visit Everyday Food Mag.
Anyway, I am not sure why.. I guess I just get tired of cooking the same thing over and over and over and over. However, I know I scare my family sometimes when I am trying something "new". I know I have bought at least three of these said mags in the last two or three months. I bought Weight Watchers Five Ingredients in 15 Minute Cookbook (because how does that not sound great, and easy). I have bought Betty Crockers Soups, Stews and Chilies (because whatever on the cover looked great). And I recently bought The Best of Cooking Lights Super Fast Weeknight dinners. Out of all of these cookbooks, I have only tried one recipe so far (not that the recipes didn't look great- but because I have been in the post holiday fog for about 2 weeks) ANYWAY, the recipe was AWESOME, FAST and YUMMY! AND EVEN JAXON ATE IT- SO IT MUST BE GOOD!

Check it out!

1 comment:

Tate Family said...

Your secret is out now. One of my favorite cookbooks is "101 Things to Do With a Crockpot." Excellent, easy ideas that work great. Julie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails