Thursday, January 31, 2008

Karen's Pulled Pork Sandwiches

My neighbor Karen brought these to me when I had Wade. My husband has talked about them ever since....

4 1/4 C. ketchup
1/4 c. Margarine
1/3 c. vinegar
1/4 c. br. sugar
1/3 c. white sugar
1/4 c. grated onion
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 tsp. pepper

Cook your 4-5 lb. Pork roast in crockpot over night. Meat should just fall apart and be easy to shred. Combine all the above ingredients and simmer on the stove for 30 min. Pour over cooked meat. Serve on Rolls. For excellent dinner rolls make these!


Interestingly enough, I have a similar recipe that I used to use all of the time for the same thing. It is from my friend Janet Knighton who poured the sauce over Pork Chops and baked it in the oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Once, I only had a pork roast, and used the recipe over a roast in the crock pot. This recipe is more spicy, and Karen's is more sweet! Try both, or mix and match!!

3/4 Cup brown sugar
3/4 Cup water
3/4 Cup ketchup
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. cayenne (optional)
2 Tbs. vinegar
2 Tbs. worchestershire sauce

By the way, you can buy 3 pork roasts at Costco for between $10-12!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Linds-I made this tonight for our Super Bowl party and its was a huge favorite. I mixed and matched both recipes and it turned out so good! Thanks, recipe queen! =)

abbyandcompany said...

I KNEW I recognized that recipe from somewhere! I thought she was making YOUR pulled pork recipe and I was coming to get it. (she brought me dinner) It was so good. Yum yum yum. Canadians CAN cook!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails